Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test
TANCET is conducted every year by Anna University for students who aspire to pursue P.G Courses such as MBA, MCA, ME, M.Tech, M.Arch, and M.Plan. During the recent years.
I-SHARP Academy has played a dominant role in helping a large number of students to achieve high cut-off marks in TANCET, enabling them to get admission into reputed institutions such as CEG, MIT,PSG.CIT,GCT etc.. across Tamil Nadu.
We have very talented, experienced and professional staff in our strength to train the students in the best way possible. We also utilise the service of TANCET toppers to impart short-cut methods to the students.
The Salient Features of our Academy are:
1. Restriction of students to small batches, so as to provide individual attention to those who stand at different levels of analytical and technical capability.
2. Previous TANCET toppers and Well experienced tutors in the faculty.
3. Students are allowed to attend two classes initially before joining so as to understand themselves why and how our help could be utilised to excel in TANCET.
4. At least ten fully answered Question Banks/Papers of previous years are provided to the students and repeated practise is made on the basis of these question papers.
5. Frequent tests are conducted to ensure that the students have grasped the concepts thoroughly.
6. After the TANCET , proper guidance is provided to the candidates on the suitability of the college and course based on the marks obtained by them.
7. One to one Coaching is also provided on TANCET, based on the requirement / demand by the candidate.
8. Performance of our students during the recent years is praiseworthy as many of them have entered into reputed Institutions such as CEG,MIT and PSG.
TANCET Exam Pattern
|Sr.No.||Course||Duration of the Test||Syllabus|
|1||M.B.A.||2 Hours||The question paper will have the following sections|
|I. To evaluate the candidates ability to identify critically the data and apply the data to business decisions from given typical business situations.
II. To evaluate the skill of the candidate in answering questions based on the passages in the comprehension.
III. To evaluate the skill on solving mathematical problems at graduate level (including those learnt in plus two or equivalent level).
IV. To test on determining data sufficiency for answering certain questions using the given data and the knowledge of Mathematics and use of day to day facts.
V. To test the knowledge on written English with questions on errors in usage, grammar, punctuation and the like.
|2||M.C.A.||2 Hours||The question paper will have the following sections:
I. Quantitative Ability
II. Analytical reasoning
III. Logical reasoning
VI. Computer awareness A few questions may also be on verbal activity, basic science etc
|3||M.E./ M.Tech||2 Hours||The question paper will have three parts. Part-I and Part-II are compulsory and under Part-III the candidates have to choose any one section out of 14 depending upon his/her specialisation.
The syllabi for the entrance test are furnished in the Annexure and the questions will be set at the undergraduate level.
|Sr.No.||Course||No. of Questions||No. of alternative answers||Mark for every correct answer||Max. Marks||Negative marks for every wrong answer||Remarks|
|1||MBA||100||5||1||100||1/3||Multiple shading will be considered as wrong answer and 1/3 mark will be deducted.|
|2||MCA||100||4||1||100||1/3||Multiple shading will be considered as wrong answer and 1/3 mark will be deducted.|
|Part I||20||4||1||20||1/3||Multiple shading will be considered as wrong answer and 1/3 M.E./M.Tech. mark will be deducted.|
|Part II||35||4||1||20||1/3||All the correct answers up to 20 will be awarded marks and all the wrong answers shall be taken into consideration for awarding negative marks. Multiple shading will be considered as wrong answer and 1/3 mark will be deducted|
|Part III||60||4||1||60||1/3||All the correct answers up to 60 will be awarded marks and all the wrong answers shall be taken into consideration for awarding negative marks. Multiple shading will be considered as wrong answer and 1/3 mark will be deducted|
For more details visit : www.annauniv.edu